[LAU] ZynAddSubFX & MIDI

From: <holotone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 21:56:25 EET

So I've been working on getting my Axiom 49 MIDI keyboard to play nice with
ZynAddSubFX, and am having only limited success. Using this guide for
reference ( http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_3.html ), I'm able to get
all the standard stuff working, but am running into a bit of a brick wall
when it comes to the NRPN section; My biggest problem is lack of
understanding, methinks - Any pointers for getting this controller to speak
NRPN for someone who doesn't even understand what coarse / fine and all of
the hex values mean?

My dream scenario would be MIDI setup similar to how amSynth works - Config
would be much more easily handled from the software as opposed to the
hardware, though from what I understand of Zyn, this isn't possible -
Correct me if I'm wrong, though!

Thanks,

--
~holotone