Re: [LAU] Soundtrack from recorded TV

From: philicorda <philicorda@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 27 2008 - 21:49:28 EET

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 14:40 -0500, lanas wrote:
> Le Dimanche, 27 Janvier 2008 19:32:32 +0100,
> Wolfgang Woehl <tito@rumford.de> a écrit :
>
> > Many movies from the silent era had original scores, sometimes more
> > than one, and were premiered with orchestral accompaniment. Not one
> > movie ever was shown silent, at least someone always played a klavier
> > in the theatre. The notion of "silent movies" was unheard of :)
>
> If I would like to play a movie, turn any sound down, and play along on
> a MIDI keyboard using Linux softsynths and all, while having the
> combination of both the film and the new real-time soundtrack being
> recorded, do you know how this could be done ?

I don't know a way to record the new audio and old video to a new file
in real time. At least without lots of messing about with gstreamer and
pipes and stuff.

The easiest way I know would be to use xjadeo and Ardour. Xjadeo lets
you watch video in sync with the Ardour timeline. When you have composed
all the music you then export the audio from Ardour and use mplayer,
avidemux or whatever to combine it with the video file.