Re: [LAU] Eee As Synth Engine?

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 13:06:55 EET

On Feb 2, 2008 9:04 AM, Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> 1) the keyboard would take a LOT of getting used to - it's soooo
> small!

The size you can get used to. Some of the keys can be a little
temperamental though.. You have to hit them square on or they do not
register.

> 2) the display model in the store had a glitchy, intermittent trackpad
> button. I'm sure it took a lot of abuse in the past month or so it's
> been there, but that's still not encouraging.

It could be that you did not realise the trackpad button is actuallly
2 buttons fused to look like 1 button, so if you hit it in the centre
it often does not work. Press on the left side for left click, right
side for right click (this is written on my eeepc by the way. So far
the only audio apps I have used are aldrin and milkytracker which both
work fine, albeit a little slow).

James