Re: [LAU] xrun killing: ubuntu realtime kernel, layla 3g card combining ADAT and analog i/o

From: Sean Corbett <seanbutnotheard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 06:16:00 EET

> I do not know if this page could explain your troubles (I'm not sure the
> info is recent):
>
> http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/kernel.html

Thanks, that was very informative... it all seems to be *almost*
related, but not quite. A lot of the "multiple sound card problem"
description seemed familiar, but my system is 32 bit, so I'm not sure
how applicable that is.

I have installed Alsa 1.0.16 and fixed some mistakes i made
prioritizing the IRQ thread. It seems much better (the biggest
difference came when correctly getting the interrupt for my card set
to real time), but i still get about 5 xruns per minute at 1024
frames.

cat /proc/interrupts tells me there are a couple of other devices on
the same interrupt with my card... three in fact, two USB controllers
and one ethernet controller... will that matter? any way to change it
if so?

I'm starting to think I might be out of luck... Thanks again for the
help though, this has all been very educational.