Re: [LAU] Notation formats

From: José Pedro Ferreira <pedro.ferreira@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 15:29:25 EET

Hello Simon,

Check <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_notation#Computer_musical_notation>
for some. There's also CSound score files as well. I believe that it
goes from ABC to CSound in descending order of human readability. If
you want to register tonal music, I guess that ABC and Lilypond are
probably the best choices.Whatever format you choose, there's always a
compromise between expressiveness and readability.

I hope it helps,

Cheers,

Pedro