Re: [LAU] Live Performance Distro Guide

From: Benoit Rouits <brouits@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 20:32:43 EET

I have this laptop preformance problem, so my workaround is to:
- make a custom rc7.d runlevel which deactivate all background services
- deactivate cron by commenting out /etc/crontab
- suppress trackerd (by de-installing it)
- use evilwm instead of my standard gnome (to avoid memory overhead)
I have only 256MB of ram but this works this way on ubuntu
hth.
- Ben