Re: [LAU] Live Performance Distro Guide

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 20:41:58 EET

Hallo,
Christian Delahousse hat gesagt: // Christian Delahousse wrote:

> I'm thinking of installing Ubuntu Studio since it strikes me as being
> the best supported distrobution of Linux and coupling it with a window
> manager like fluxbox for better performance. Once I get everything
> running and gain more experience with Linux, Ill convert to a smaller
> faster distro?

Sounds good except for the conversion part: IMO people should get
familiar with their distribution and not change the whole distribution
all the time. If you're familiar with your setup, you can make it
small and fast without a reinstall just by configuring it to be fast
and small. That's possible with Ubuntu as well as with Debian, Fedora,
Studio64 or whatever.

Ciao