[LAU] LAC 2008: bandwidth to burn and volunteers needed

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 01:56:56 EET

LAC 2008: bandwidth to burn and volunteers needed

The 6th annual Linux Audio Conference is taking place in Cologne, Germany, Feb
28th to March 2nd, 2008. As with each previous year this year's conference will
be streamed live over the internet in ogg theora via icecast. The stream server
is up at: http://lac2008.khm.de:8000/

There is nothing to see at the moment, but keep checking over the coming days
as we hope to have a test stream up soon.

This year we are in the unique situation of having a Gigabit link donated by
CITIZENMEDIA: http://www.ist-citizenmedia.org/ They have asked us to use up as
much of their bandwidth as we can so they can see how well the link performs.

This year the core team, Joern Nettingsmeier and myself, are recruiting
volunteers to spread the workload. To that end we have set up a mailing list
and irc channel to coordinate our efforts. We will also have a wiki shortly.
If you will be coming to Cologne for the conference please consider signing up
to help. If you are not coming, please enjoy the fruits of our labors by
watching the streams and participating via irc.

general conference chat: #lac2008 on irc.freenode.net
stream team tech talk: #lac2008-tech on irc.freenode.net

Thanks,
Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.