Re: [LAU] music apps scripts

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 14:14:20 EET

J M Needham wrote:
> LASH might be what you're looking for.
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/lash/
And it might not be, in which case it's bash to the rescue. Here's the
shell script I use to launch my sequencer, QJackCtl, Jack-Rack, JOST,
and QSynth:

xdosemu -input \r big.bat &
qjackctl &
sleep 7
jack-rack /home/dlphilp/racks/favoriteplate.rack &
qsynth &
jost &

The big.bat is a DOS batch file that runs in DOSemu to launch my
sequencer. QJackCtl and QSynth can be configured for autostart and
autoconnection, plus the PatchBay in QJackCtl can recall all
connections. See the help options for each program to see what can done
at the command prompt.

Btw, the sleep command (for seven seconds) is necessary to keep the
other apps from loading until JACK has been started.

I named the file sequencer.scr and added it to my Fluxbox music apps
menu. I click on the menu entry, everything happens. It's not LASH, but
it'll do until all my favorite Linux audio apps have been LASHed.

Also btw: I think all the apps that the original poster wants to run
*can* be controlled by LASH.

Best,

dp