Re: [LAU] jack and flash

From: Alberto Botti <alberto.botti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 22:09:07 EET

Il giorno lun, 11/02/2008 alle 19.16 -0500, Lee Revell ha scritto:
> On Feb 10, 2008 8:20 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > You can run Flash in 64-bit browsers using the nspluginwrapper. I use it
> > mostly without issues on Fedora 7 x86_64
> >
> > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux-amd64.html
>
> This really works reliably for you? What version of nspluginwrapper
> and firefox?

Fully up to date Ubuntu Gutsy, 64-bit on a Core 2 Duo
nspluginwrapper 0.9.91.5-1ubuntu1
firefox 2.0.0.12+2nobinonly+2-0ubuntu0.7.10

> It CONSTANTLY crashes on my Ubuntu 7.10 system:

Works pretty well here (except some pretty rare situations where
nspluginwrapper seems to stop working (blank Flash videos), but
restarting the browser is enough to make it work again, no crashes at
all...)

Note that I usually run Epiphany, but Firefox seems to work without
trouble (and now I've even found a way to use a fully-opensource 64-bit
native Java 7 plugin :)