Re: [LAU] jack-rack/ realtime

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 14:39:09 EET

Studio 32 wrote:
> Some screenshots:
>
> http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1438/alsamixerstudio32iw7.png
>
> http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/94/jackconnectstudio32cw2.png
>
> http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5385/jacksetupstudio32yn2.png

This all looks okay.

> Question: what is the function of the 'Start Transport rolling' of qjackctl? Should I use that button?

It starts the JACK transport, i.e. it will start any JACK client with
transport controls (such as Ardour or Hydrogen) if the client(s) have
been directed to use and/or follow it.

Btw, your original post simply said you're getting the "same sound". Did
you mean "sound with no effects" ? If so, did you activate the effects
in the JACK-Rack ? Make sure they're turned on, else the program will
simply pass through the uneffected sound.

Best,

dp