[LAU] pops & clicks

From: <verymeta@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 16:01:13 EET

Pops and clicks

I was wondering if anyone on this list has any ideas what might be causing
the pops and clicks I'm getting. I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy with realtime
kernel, and using an M-Audio Firewire Solo audio interface. I'm creating
audio by running quite a few amSynths through Seq24.

There are actually two kinds of noise that I'm getting: the first is a
click that happens with certain bass tracks, where the bass cuts out quite
abruptly. I get a click with each note - needless to say it sounds awful.
I can get rid of this by making the notes die off a little more gradually
but obviously I'd rather not have to do this.

I also get random pops and clicks, and sometimes the audio just cuts out
for a moment. This _terrible_ since the clicks are sometimes much louder
than the song I'm trying to play. If I used a big amp/speakers, I would
blow them :-(

Jack doesn't report any problems in the messages window. I can turn my
latency down to around 2msec or up to 67msec or higher, but this seems to
have no effects on the pops and clicks. No xruns are reported.

-Katie