Re: [LAU] pops & clicks

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 22:46:59 EET

Am Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2008 schrieb david:
> Hmmm, sounds to me like dodgy hardware. Does audio click and pop and cut
> off like that when you're just playing normal audio (without JACK and
> everything else)?

Or is it just because the level is to high? freebob and ffado are both bad
with overdriven signals. The clipping is wrong (=not existing) and produces
nasty results because it flips from +max to -max...

Be sure to put a hard limiter in the master-bus of ardour and similar.

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---