Re: [LAU] Linux guitar amplifier simulator

From: Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 17:48:04 EET

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Oscar <spacepluk@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I'd look into wineasio + Native Instruments Guitar Rig 3.
>
> I know that it's not free and that is expensive... but I think that at this
> time is the best amp simulation available and runs very well on linux. So
> think about it as if you were buying a POD but with much better sound.

The point aboubt "much better sound" is highly arguable,
and POD will work with any operating system or even without computer at all.

IMHO, if you choose to pay for the sound, it's better to pay for a
hardware device.

Regards,
Dmitry.

P.S. My choice of guitar sound device (portable and suitable for a
small room) is PODxt.