Re: [LAU] Jackd and Other Alsa applications at the same time.

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 15:13:37 EET

Quoting Arda Eden <ardaeden@email-addr-hidden>:

> So there's no way of listening to something with Amarok while JAck runs.
> And one other thing is when Jack is stopped all the KDE sound alerts
> waiting
> in the queue plays at the same time and it sounds like an explotion. :)

Exactly. The Jack "server" cannot share the sound device with another
program. Naturally, when jack is running programs using Jack can use the
sound device through jack. Other programs are out of luck.

> Shall i set my KDE sound alerts to "no sounds " mode ?

If you wish. If you don't set this flag, you might find yourself unable to
start jack at points when KDE has decided to use alert sounds and has "taken
over" the sound device.

 Sampo

(Please use reply-to-all or reply-to-list when you answer to emails on
mailing lists. Otherwise you end up only replying to the person and not the
list)