[LAU] another scripting question

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 18:54:33 EET

Greetings,

I'd like to add some conditional tests to my simple scripts. For
example, I want to query the system to determine whether JACK is already
running. If it is, I'll run an app (e.g. xine or AlsaPlayer) configured
for JACK. If JACK is not running, I'll run the app without it.

So how do I test for JACK in a simple bash shell script ?

Similarly, I'd like to display an option to launch JACK if it isn't
already running, but I think I can figure that one for myself. :)

Best,

dp