Re: [LAU] [OT] Another problem with creative commons licenses [UPDATE]

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 19:46:59 EET

Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Here's the story: I published some tracks of mine at opsound.org. At the
> time I submitted these tracks, the license was by-nc-sa, which is the
> same license I've always used for all the other websites where I've put
> my stuff.
>
> Now they've changed the license and removed the non-commercial clause.
> As a result of this, may more websites (which crawl the content from
> opsound) host my tracks with the by-sa license.
>
> Could they do this? What can I do now?
>
> -c.

I received a mail from opsound. It seems that the license has always
been by-sa.

Most websites that host music don't require any license at all. You just
have to be the copyright holder and you must agree to let them publish
your music on their website. Other sites, like Jamendo, let you choose
which cc license you want to use.

Probably, when I submitted my tracks it wasn't clear enough (at least to
me) that the music should be licensed that way.

Anyway, sorry for the noise.

-c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com