Re: [LAU] masterging with ardour

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 09:44:19 EET

frank wrote:

> I do not see the necessity or the value of a 2 second lead-in to the
> first song.

Ok. I was just following the suggestion on
http://www.ardour.org/files/manual/ch-exporting.html (as mentioned in
the original post). Any other thoughts on this? Why was this suggestion
given?

> Does cdparanoia accept a minimum rip length parameter?

I don't know. But if I understand you correctly, you suggest that I fix
it when ripping with cdparanoia. That's not the point... The point is
that I don't want to master my first "real cd" and have it behave this
way when other people rip it. So I see the two seconds blank track as a
symptom telling me I did something wrong (since it's the only cd I ever
ripped that worked this way)...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte