[LAU] Testing sync with 2 sound cards

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 17:23:04 EET

I was recently fortunate enough to pick up a second Delta 1010 for my
studio. I know that it's important to run these in such a way that one
card's clock is slaved to the other.

What's the best way to ensure that the cards are actually in sync?
I've recorded an hour of a metronome in Ardour with the signal split
to an input on each card and saw no drift between the tracks. I then
played them back and heard no drift even after 30 minutes, but I have
a feeling that this isn't necessarily a valid way of testing.

Thanks!