Re: [LAU] Internet communication needed

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 14:07:36 EET

On Sunday 02 March 2008 16:55:04 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> I've installed freeswitch and read the getting started guide as well as
> browsed through the configs. But I think there was a miss-specification on
> my part.
> I am NOT looking for some real VOIP tool, where you have to register with
> a provider, I wouldn't know how to pay them anyway, but that's a different
> sad story. :-)
> No I was looking for swomething like U believe old "gnome-meeting" for
> console. Something where I sit at my PC, he sits at his, and we can use our
> PCs to chat point-to-point.

Julien,

Free Wrold Dialup and ekiga.net will give you accounts without you needing to
pay. As long as you call another such user, calls are free. Just don't call
land lines, or cell phones, etc.

http://www.freeworlddialup.com/
http://ekiga.org/
What is ekiga?

Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting)

or, you can set up an asterisk box, use the console yourself and give your
friend an account on your box.

> I have to work on a webpage, but this requires me to have a "right eye",
> the one who sees the finer details for me. So we decided, I wokr at home
> and he works at home. Only because my phone is not nice to handle while
> typing and reading with both HANDS, we decided to go for something with
> mics and headsets... :-)
> I hope you know what I'm looking for now and could maybe help me.
> Kindest regards
> Julien

drew