Re: [LAU] Internet communication needed

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 08:47:35 EET

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 05:09:42PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I'm looking for a tool to do something like internet-telephony. My needs and
> prerequisits:
> * compatible with windows and Linux
> * Linux Command-line (or textmode client)
> * Best to work with JACK or at least ALSA
> * Something tha work nicely with a 2mBit line
> can anyone suggest something?
> Kindest regards
> Julien

hi Julien,

you could try pjsua (see http://www.pjsip.org), it's a simple
command-line SIP client. I've installed it but never used it
because i couldn't find enough time to get a SIP account, to
configure it and to set it up... So don't know to which exctent it
is actually usable. People around me seem to use it successfully
though.

tschuss,

-- Alexandre