Re: [LAU] connect qjackctl - synth - rosegarden

From: schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 17:13:49 EET

Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:13:01 +0100
> schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> I want to make music with rosegarden and play that realtime. I want to
>> load a soundfont and use a synth to play it.
>>

> I jsut worked through this process over the weekend for my son, who is
> composing a piece for his high school senior project!
>
> The Rosegarden FAQ goes into this, but here's what I did:
> Start JACK.
> Start QSynth
> Load a soundfont into QSynth. (There are a lot of good General MIDI
> soundfonts available at Hammersound ( http://www.hammersound.com/cgi-bin/soundlink.pl )
> Start Rosegarden
> In QJackCtl's Connect window, in the MIDI tab, connect Rosegarden's MIDI
> out to Qsynth's MIDI in. In the Audio tab, connect QSynth's outputs to
> your usual output - usually alsa_pcm playback 1 & 2.
>
> That should do it for you.

Thanks, I've it working now, at least I hear sound :)

In Rosegarden I've in manage Midi devices: 131:0 synth input port
(3526:0) (write)

I've first started qjackctl, then qsynth and loaded the soundfont. I
didn't do anything with connecting MIDI, I've no connections unther MIDI
in jack connections...
In audio and alsa I've the connections which are set automatically by
jack...

I've snd-seq loaded in my /etc/modules

Regards,

Ps. Is it possible in linux to load a *.sfx soundfont???