[LAU] About some plug-in quality

From: Arda Eden <ardaeden@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 19:56:03 EET

I've been using lots of LADSPA plug-ins with many GNU/Linux applications.
(by the way it's been sometime that i gave up using any windows applications
in my home studio)
When it was with windows i tried too many high quality VST plug-ins like
URS, McDSP and etc.
These plug-ins engaged that they simulated some analog systems like SSL,
Neve and others.
I wonder,
1) Is that really true ? Can they really do it ? if they can how far can
they ?
2) They are really expensive software. Is that because they are paying to
the consumers of the analog products for the algorithms of their system's
simulation ?
3) What about the LADSPA plug-ins like CAPS, TAPS ? They really work great i
guess. At least they satisfy my needs. Especially with TAPS reverb i liked
it very much.
Thanks.

--
Arda EDEN