Re: [LAU] [ANN] Minicomputer 1.0 softwaresynthesizer released

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 23:49:06 EET

Hello,

> I can confirm that changing line 794 as above does work on my Archlinux
> install.

Thanks for trying. Along other enhancements its in the SVN on
Sourceforge and a new release is due in 1 or 2 days.
> I have since created a couple of patches, nothing special, and can't get any
> realistic piano sounds, but I don't think that this synth is going in that
> direction.
not at all :)

> Perhaps I'm asking a bit much here, but is there a way to launch minicomputer,
> and miniEditor from the desktop, then be able to shutdown both miniEditor,
> and minicomputer when clicking on the close (X) on miniEditor.
>
> Just a questiion, and comments welcome.

I left it open but considered some work on this point, hence the icon.
What I need to know is what the preferred way is to handle such two
applications jack software which is similar like DSSIs work. On some
computers Jack applications have to be started as root / superuser, on
others not. What is the best so it integrates easier in the workflow.
This project is my first native Linux audio software.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner