Re: [LAU] Gui/ WYSIWYG Lilypond

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 18:02:51 EET

On 07/03/2008, schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Now I'm gonna try rosegarden. There're lacking a 'repeat' :| sign? Some
> of you guys with experience in note setting with rosegarden?

To get a repeat sign, set the segment to repeat in the "segment
parameters" in the main window. Also, for several things like segnos
etc that Rosegarden doesn't support natively, you can enter a
"lilypond directive" that makes the symbol appear when exported --
these are added through the Text inserter (choose Lilypond Directive
as the text type and a menu of possibilities will appear).

Some of the tweaks for using Rosegarden successfully with Lilypond, as
well as plain gross limitations of Rosegarden, are documented in
Michael McIntyre's supplemental tutorials at
http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/. We're working actively
on some notation-related stuff for 1.7.0, so some of the tutorial
material reflects the current SVN status, and some of it documents
things that we'd like to fix or improve but haven't yet.

Chris