Re: [LAU] recommendations for usb sound card?

From: Alex Polite <mylists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 17:19:28 EET

2008/3/8, James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to use the eeepc for a mobile sound generation unit,
> but unfortunately the gfx card and sound card share the same
> interrupt. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good usb
> soundcard that works well with Linux/Jack, and is not too
> expensive?

I just got myself an Edirol UA25 and I'm very happy with it. It works
out of the box with alsa and jack and has two integrated mic-preamps.
It's supposed to be a 96 kHz samplerate card but under linux I can
only get it to do 44.1 kHz. It's USB-powerd and you can get on Ebay
for about 200 USD.

alex

--
http://polite.se