Re: [LAU] Cheap Daws (especially laptops)

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 17:41:18 EET

On Mon Mar 10, 2008 at 03:33:22PM -0400, Christian Delahousse wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I just found this website in my search for music production/linux
> laptop. http://www.adkproaudio.com/systems/laptop.cfm
>
> I thought the prices were good but what strikes me as the deal maker
> is the ability to save 100 bucks BY NOT INCLUDING AN OS!

well if saving money is what youre after, you can do what they do and buy the chasiss from ASUS, Clevo, MSI, and throw in parts from newegg..

they are designed to be assembled by humans after all

> Does anybody have any feedback about them? Im really thinking about
> getting the 14 inch monitor laptops.

my MSI barebones is still kicking it 2.5 years later. lasted longer than any thinkpad i had. its fallen 5 feet onto a hardwood floor numerous times and nothing has cracked or come looose. i chalk it up to the magnesium(maybe?) case and good design..