[LAU] [ANN] Collaborative Project Releases Album

From: Jeff Mashaw <jeffrey.mashaw@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 02:24:53 EET

 Hello All,

  I am writing to announce that the Linux Audio User Chillout Band
  (currently voting on a name change) has recently completed an album
  submitted for the RPM 2008 challenge. The band wiki is hosted here:

  http://www.lau-cb.peterlutek.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

  Some of you may remember this project as it grew out of this thread:

  http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2007/11/0100.html

  This project gave us an opportunity to use linux software to write
  music released under the CC by-SA license. Each track is available
  from here:

  http://www.lau-cb.peterlutek.com/wiki/index.php?title=RPM08_Final_Tracks

  Not only are the final mixes available but each source track is
  available from an open repository accessible from the site wiki.
  During the collaboration we ran into some issues pertaining to
  maintaining the repository and keeping up with all the different
  sources and mix versions. You can see our thoughts and album wrap-up
  here:

  http://www.lau-cb.peterlutek.com/wiki/index.php?title=RPM_08_Thoughts_and_Concerns

  This project is ongoing and we are currently working on getting the
  word out about this release and we are thinking of moving forward with
  another project possibly in the upcoming months. New members are
  welcome. Feel free to join our mailing list here:

  Jeff Mashaw