[LAU] room acoustics simulation

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 09:58:26 EET

I've been trying to find a simulator for room acoustics which
will allow me to construct a non-rectangular shaped room,
specify absorptive characteristics of the surfaces, specify
sound sources, and listening position. I'd like the output of
the software to be an impulse response, so that I can listen to
the predicted response, and some depiction of the standing waves
versus frequencies. Does anything like that exist for Linux?
For what it's worth, web searches lead me to some rudimentary
software to show room modes of rectangular box shaped rooms,
and there is a lot of theory out there too. But, the finished
"product" software seems scarce, or at least hard for me to find.

Thanks....

--
Kevin