Re: [LAU] Time of music in a seqennser

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 13:46:08 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> there are almost no open source VST plugins; those that are are
> generally not portable to Linux as-is.

The main collections that I use can be found here:

http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/?page_id=8

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192282

Between those two sources I have about two dozen plugins not otherwise
available in LADSPA or other native Linux plugin formats.

The ported plugs are usable in the JOST host and in recent releases of
QTractor (thanks, Rui!).

> most users, when they ask "can i run VST plugins" mean "can i run
> unmodified win32/x86 plugins", and the answer to that is "only with
> Wine"
Hear the man. Maybe someday a more direct solution will develop, but
probably not until Steinberg changes their license.

Best,

dp