Re: [LAU] kernel needed

From: thomas fisher <studio1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 23:31:51 EET

On Thursday 13 March 2008 10:22:01 Josh Lawrence wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm trying the list one more time in the hopes that someone might have
> missed this the first time...
>
> I've been attempting to compile a .deb kernel that has these
> attributes (patches/modules):
>
> * rt-preempt
> * squashfs
> * aufs

  Josh

  You might check this Ubuntu howto out. Ubuntu is a branch off of the Debian
repositories.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile

Also: search the Ubuntu Users archives over the past 5 - 6 months as there has
been numerous threads with some detailed knowledge.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/#Development+Lists

And: CCRMA, though it is .rpm based, has recently released a very current 2.6
rt kernel. There were some difficulties encountered, but I wasn't listening
in detail. Their archive is:

I hope this is of use
Tom