Re: [LAU] Time of music in a seqennser

From: Dan Easley <daneasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 21:24:39 EET

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Cesare Marilungo
<cesare@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Yes, there are also commercial modular synthesizers which are versatile
> as well. But, again, I can express much more (and more quickly) with a
> bunch of lines in csound than using virtual patch cords. The main reason
> to have virtual patch cords is marketing.

I'm perhaps speaking out of turn, or addressing a different issue, but
I think one reason to have virtual patch cords is immediacy of use.

Much as I like guitar amps to have a bunch of tone-shaping knobs, I
almost always end up using my pignose guitar amp, which has only one
knob - volume. For myself, the lack of options allows me to be more
immediately expressive. There are many times I believe I'd appreciate
a similar lack of options in software solutions.

--
daneasley@email-addr-hidden
http://burntpossum.com