[LAU] Attic Rescue

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 23:49:17 EET

Recently I made (yet another) attempt to clear the attic. Fetching down
a couple of old and dusty computers I was surprised when a floppy
dropped out of one of them. Not expecting much, I stuck it in my current
machine and found just one MIDI file on it.

How it came to be there I shall never know, but I was quite excited
when I realised it was the original live-played recording of my tune
'Reflections'. This tune has had a number of incarations over the
years, but it was a strange experience hearing it as I first conceived
it.

Inevitably I started playing with it, enhancing and developing the
theme, adding conter melodies and background sound 'washes'. I think
I've got it to a higher standard than I've ever achieved before. I will
probably leave it for while, then listen again and make final
adjustments.

The new version is:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Reflections_New.ogg

and an older version is still on my website as:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Reflections.ogg

Finally, as a matter of curiosity here is the original MIDI file.
I played this to a vibraphone voice.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/REFLECT.MID

--
Will J Godfrey