Re: [LAU] [Packet-in-user] album files (it isn't a troll)

From: frank <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 22:16:57 EET

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Saturday 22 March 2008 06:34:39 Arnold Krille wrote:
>
>> Am Samstag, 22. März 2008 schrieb Folderol:

> I have some ideas on patents here:
>
> http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2007/06/simple-idea-for-patent-reform.html
> Simple Idea For Patent Reform
>
> thoughts and refinements appreciated.
>
> drew

Yeah, I had seen that piece before, and it was surprising from that but
even moreso your message postings how deeply into this issue you've
gotten. It's a crucial one, to be sure. Your two-tier proposal has the
benefit of logic and simplicity.

It'll be a nice bit of legerdemain reforming the current state of total
perversion visited upon the patent process. I fear the
power-of-life-and-death wielded by our corporate overlords, and the
influence they hold over our nominal representative-democratic
legislators to be insuperable.

Some things are less arguable than others, but if you're willing to be
generous, the original patent intent and execution, just like the
original specifications for the country that used to be known as
america, pretty much got it right.

There's such a gulf between a discovery resulting from a search open to
all and participated in by many, and an idea, and a method - as such one
amongst many, and a particular sequence of rather generic steps, etc.,
etc.,... and the creation of a truly non-prior-art, non-obvious,
non-creatible -by-ordinary-man invention.

Take the freedom of ideas out of the equation and you have poor Newton
tumbling to the ground and seeing no further than the floor-sweep who
comes to help.

Everything I've ever conceived, developed, made, and in some cased
profited from I have given away, at least I gave away the means, so
don't ask me for one of my 33-voice electric solid-body guitars!