Re: [LAU] linux studio in Rio. help with configuration

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 25 2008 - 15:21:01 EET

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 2:20 AM, ::surian:: <suriba@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, we`re making an studio in circo voador where
> there will be research and free lessons of áudio production on linux. And we
> also want to record our shows in 24 separated channels.
>
> I`m now searching for the best áudio hardware configuration for us.
>
> The biggest problem, is that here in Brazil we pay a lot of taxes importing
> audio equipament, what makes it very very expensive and give us few options
> o choose.

I live in Fortaleza, and when anyone comes in from the USA I have them
bring equipment. Buying things here in Brazil costs at least double
the world market price, absurd.

I'm a keyboard player and do all my work via the korg oasys (can
record and runs linux!) and the akai mpc4000 - so I'm a breed apart
from what you are trying to do and can't comment much about the
equipment you need. Everything I got I brought from outside Brazil
though, so that's the hint I can give you.

And please don't cross post!

Good luck,
Robert