Re: [LAU] M-Audio ProFire 2626

From: Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 23:07:59 EET

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>> > That does look like a SWEET unit!
>> >
>> Looks to me like a klone of the Focusrite saffire 26 pro, and Focusrite
>> has supported the ffado project with documentation and hardware, so that's
>> where my money would go...
>>
>> --
>> Rick Green
>
> Yeah, but that's a political statement. I just like that there might
> be alternatives which probably helps in reducing prices through
> competition. It doesn't really matter if this one works in Linux or
> not. If there's competition then the overall cost of all the units
> usually comes down and we all benefit no matter which one you buy.
>
> Just my two stinking capitalist cents,
> Mark

I'm all for robust competition in the marketplace as well. It tends to
reduce end-user prices, as well as foster innovative advances in the
technology. I've no problem with capitalist ideology, in its pure form.
The classical definition of a free market is one where buyers and sellers
alike have equal, full access to knowledge and information about the
commodities they are trading.
   Morally, it comes back to 'the golden rule', or as my father taught me:
"Don't ever accept a deal that you wouldn't just as willingly accept the
other side of."

--
Rick Green
                                   -Benjamin Franklin