Re: [LAU] new recordings

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 20:55:28 EET

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> very well sung and done, but boy, do I ever dislike the text ;)
>
> Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for listening, Thorsten. It suppose it is a bit odd for a
thorough pagan to record such stuff, but I've known the tune for
decades, and I thought Blind Willie wouldn't mind if I gave it a gospel
quartet treatment (the original is done by just
Willie, his guitar, and his wife Angeline).

It was an afternoon's fun with Ardour and JAMin. No pitch-shifting or
autotuning, all parts 100% organic Dave. :)

Best,

dp