[LAU] Tag-preserving Flac to ogg/mp3 converter

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 16:21:32 EEST

Hallo,

I generally rip CDs I buy to Flac to listen to them at my PC. jack
(the other one) does a good job with ripping and also tags files
accordingly from FreeDB lookups. Now to listen to some of my Flac-CDs
on my portable player, I'd like to compress them a bit more and encode
them to Ogg or MP3 - my player supports both. (Actually it supports
flac as well, but it has only 2GB.)

So now I'm looking for a tool to help me mass convert my flacs. I can
convert the files to ogg just fine e.g. with ecasound or so and some
scripting or the flag2ogg tool, however the problem with that aproach
is, that all meta-tags get lost!

Does anyone know of a command line tool to convert flac to ogg/mp3
which also converts the meta-tags?

Ciao