Re: [LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 21:53:44 EEST

> I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but the Linux audio community
> hasn't exactly been lacking in this area:
>
> http://www.linuxaudio.org/
>
> Is a portal to all kinds of things related to Linux audio (including
> this mailing list).
>
> Not to mention the http://linux-sound.org/ site also.

Let me take this one step further and state that the entire linux-sound.org
database has been ported over into apps.linuxaudio.org with full user access
to maintaining/altering the content which makes linux-sound maintenance
unnecessary (esp. since Dave has effectively decided not to keep it up to
date as often as he would like to). I think it would be nice if we all put
efforts towards a common goal, especially since linuxaudio.org is all about
the community. If there is an aspect of the lao domain you don't like, you
are more than welcome to contribute...

That being said, as always, we continue to be in dire need of
assistance/support in making linuxaudio.org better. This is why I perceive
the fragmentation of community resources to be moving us farther away from
the place where we ought to be and where the consolidated online presence
would be truly useful and meaningful to a community as small as ours.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Linuxaudio.org
Virginia Tech