Re: [LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 23:23:22 EEST

> > You can make linuxaudio.org 'alive' when you put also a forum on the
> > site. When there's a active forum, more people will visit the site and
> > more people will find the site, cause now it isn't very clear for
> > newbies where to go...
>
> I don't do forums. They are clumsy and worthless things compared to the
> sleek efficiency of mailing lists.
>
> When I'm a newbie, I don't look for forums - I look for wikis.

While I appreciate your thoughts on this matter, the keyword here is "we" as
in community, not "I" as in my personal tastes. In other words, while some
(many?) of us may not care much for forums, others may, including
newbies--see Ubuntu forums for instance.

Lao site has addition of forums on the long-term roadmap, so I think having
this as part of lao is something I would very much like to encourage.

Best wishes,

Ico