Re: [LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 00:10:55 EEST

Sorry about top posting but that seems to be accepted in this thread.

One thing I hope folks **never** do here is what they did recently on
the Wine-Users list where they created a forum and then linked
Wine-Users email list to the forum. Now when people post in the forum
all of that shows up on wine-users and anything in wine-users is
posted back into the forum. What a mess! Forum postings don't need to
keep any context since you can look at the post just above it. This
means you start seeing emails that say things like "Yes" and nothing
else. What a mess!

It got so bad I quit wine-users after being a subscriber for probably 6 years.

Personally I like the immediacy of an email list but I like reading
forums more than gossemer threads, etc., when I want to study some
subject I don't know much about.

- Mark