Re: [LAU] timidity woes

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 12:08:57 EEST

Hi!
   Fluidsynth 1.0.8 is stable. Josh applied a lot of patches and fixes, as I
seem to remember. All you need is soundfonts. But with full midiplayback I
always noticed, that fluidsynth uses more CPU.
   Which version of timidity are you running? I'm running 2.13.2 for a long
time now and it is stable. I use JACK only.
   If you want to rely on gigasamples you can also use LinuxSampler and its
graphical frontend jsampler or qsampler. But there aren't as many free
gagisamples as there are soundfonts.
   regarding timidity: Tell me which version of timidity, which distro you're
running and your jack-version, please. Maybe it helps. For timidity shouldn't
crash.
   Kindest regards
        Julien

--------