Re: [LAU] An instrument sample project

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 18:27:31 EEST

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Arda Eden <ardaeden@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I want to create a sample bank of a traditional Turkish plucked instrument
> called "Tanbur".
> The only sampler installed on my GNU/Linux system is Linux Sampler and it
> only works with Giga sample libraries. I want to accomplish this project by
> using only free software. Native Instrument's Kontakt Sampler is a real
> strong sampler with it's scripting support but, because I do not want to
> work with any proprietary software I can't use it any more.
> I need some suggestions of any samplers and editors that can equal with
> Kontakt.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Arda EDEN

If it matters to you then keep in mind that LinuxSampler doesn't
follow the complete GPL license.

As for samplers, you might check out Specimen. Simple and straight
forward to use.

you didn't state whether you intend to model using velocity layers.
This might possibly make a difference.

Hope this helps,
Mark