Re: [LAU] timidity woes

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 19:19:00 EEST

Hi!
   Tipp: I had problems with the 2.6.23-rt1 kernel. Now I'm running:
2.6.24-rt1. It works a lot more stable.
   As for soundfonts
Best complete bank I found: fluidr3 (fluid revision 3)
there has been enough about pianos on the list recently. There was a
nice-loking one about 900something MB.
   With drums and soundfont I stick to nskit6 or nskit7free or melottidrums.
   Most of these can be found at the hammersound.net site.
   The nskits are at
www.naturalstudio.co.uk (not really sure about the url)
natural studio also has a nice livingroomy piano.
   Caution: some of the nskit packages as well as some of the hammersound-fonts
require sfark or sfpack, both being windows-software. But I believe a few
people got them running with wine.
   Also take a look at:
freepats.opensrc.org
   There a nice rhodes. For base again look at hammersound and then look for
natural decaying bass guitar (or ndbass). Pretty ok.
   HTH.
   Kindest regards
              Julien

--------