Re: [LAU] Sample rate conversion for media playback

From: Darren Landrum <darren.landrum@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 04:12:48 EEST

Lee Revell wrote:
> Not too surprising, as the ALSA support for the EMU cards is pretty
> new. Probably just needs a card specific config file.
>
> Which EMU soundcard? Which ALSA version? What ALSA device are your
> apps configured to use?

It's an Emu1212m. I had bought it back when I was resigned to using
Windows, before I considered Linux a possibility for music production.
Now I'm wishing I had stuck with getting a used Seasound Soloist with
the Ice1712. I already had the PCI card and the Expander, too. Though
don't get me wrong, the Emu is a great-sounding card, and well-built.

I can't tell exactly which specific ALSA device AmaroK is using,
unfortunately. I'm just telling it to use ALSA, and it's using the
"Default" setting, which is probably 0,0.

Thanks for the help!

-- Darren