Re: [LAU] MIDI on M-Audio Audiophile 24/96

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 09:54:34 EEST

2008/4/16, Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>:

> Is anyone using MIDI on a M-Audio 24/96 (ICE1712) card?
> But, after playing a few songs it has a tendency to hang my system.
> Completely. When it hangs the keyboard is frozen; not even ...

I've used that card about two years ago, without having such problems.
I assume, you have some conflict with interrupts or so.
What does
$ cat /proc/interrupts
say, with the card plugged in?

I've had the same annoying problem (system freeze) on some computers, when
pressing keys on the keyboard, while it was accessing the harddrive.
Though I never found a sollution for this.
Maybe, changing the interrupts on the card or in the bios would help,
I'm not shure..