Re: [LAU] How to build or from where to get a Low-Latency-Kernel Source

From: <asmo.koskinen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 10:22:28 EEST

> does anyone want to tell me here some details to the realtime-prios?

After installing rt-kernel in the Ubuntu I have follow these since Dapper
(summer 2006).

1. Add "snd-seq" to the /etc/modules-file.
2. Add "dev.rtc.max-user-freq=1024" to the "/etc/sysctl.conf"-file
3. Add these lines to /etc/security/limits.conf-file

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock 250000
@audio - nice -10

4. Add these lines to /etc/fstab-file

none /tmp/jack tmpfs defaults 0 0
none /mnt/ramfs tmpfs defaults 0 0

5. Add new mount point

sudo mkdir /mnt/ramfs

6. Mount everything, never mind error message

sudo mount -a

After all these (and rebooting) I can play with M-Audio Keystation 49e.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/Hardy_Realtime_01.png

I like to hear is there something I should tweak better or different, as I
said I have used these since Dapper.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.