[LAU] [Fwd: April 16, 2008 X-Fi 32-bit / 64-bit BETA Linux drivers are now available.]

From: Pau Arumí <parumi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 20:41:08 EEST

Hello,
I just wanted to share this mail that just reached my inbox from
CreativeLabs support: New beta drivers for Creative X-Fi sound cards are
available. And for 32 bits Linux this time.

I still have not tested it -- will do in the next days. I'm just hoping
this very popular sound card will be of some use to Linux users at last!

Pau

attached mail follows:

SEE URL: http://connect.creativelabs.com/opensource/Wiki/SoundCard%20Support.aspx#X-Fi

April 16, 2008 X-Fi 32-bit / 64-bit BETA Linux drivers are now available.

Filename: XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18.tar.gz
===========================
This download is a beta driver providing Linux® 32-bit / 64-bit OS support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Take note of the following:

  THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
  This beta driver has only been tested on the following 32-bit / 64-bit Linux distributions: Ubuntu® 7.10, openSUSE® 10.3 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.1 (64-bit only).
  We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
  Your feedback is a valuable part of our development process. To submit feedback on this driver, visit the Sound Blaster X-Fi Linux Beta Driver Feedback Program.

This download is intended for the following audio devices only:

 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty®
 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Current release features:

  ALSA PCM Playback
  ALSA Record
  ALSA Mixer

Added Features or Enhancements:

  Supports GCC version 4
  Supports Linux 64-bit and 32-bit OS

Known issues:

  S/PDIF passthrough is not supported in this driver release.
  External I/O modules are not supported in this driver release.
   Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi Installation CD will not work with this driver.

Requirements:

  Linux x86 / x86_64 OS
  Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above

Notes:

  To install the driver, do the following:
    Download the XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18.tar.gz package onto your local hard disk.
    Double-click the downloaded package to unpack its contents.
    Read the README file and follow the instructions.
Regards,
  Phillip Williams
  Creative Labs
  Developer Support