Re: [LAU] How to write beats

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 04:13:40 EEST

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:56:33PM -0400, frank pirrone wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 03:47:00PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>
>>> Hallo Chris,
>>> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
>>>
> <snip>
>
>> Drifting off-topic a bit, but here is a loop sampled from my daughter's toy keyboard's built-in drum machine:
>> http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=52126
>>
>> I found the sounds really cheesy, but I also found the beat really interesting and kind of complex for a kid's toy.

Heh, I just recorded it. But it's called a "sample" in Freesound terminology.

I guess one could cut up the individual drum beats into separate drum "samples".

I was intrigued by the weirdly syncopated beat that was in this kid's toy, and I figured I'd post it.

I promised my daughter I'd make a song out of it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I will though.

-ken