Re: [LAU] PsychoSynth

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 20:09:16 EEST

On Friday 18 April 2008 12:56, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> After setting SOUNDTOUCH_CFLAGS and SOUNDTOUCH_LIBS I finally got the
> build started. Alas, it fails here:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dlphilp/src/psychosynth-0.1.1/libpsynth'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
> -I.. /usr/include/ -I/usr/include/libxml2
> -I/usr/include/alsa -g -O2 -MT libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo -MD
> -MP -MF .deps/libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.Tpo -c -o
> libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo `test -f 'input/FileReaderOgg.cpp' || echo
> './'`input/FileReaderOgg.cpp
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. /usr/include/ -I/usr/include/libxml2
> -I/usr/include/alsa -g -O2 -MT libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.Tpo -c input/FileReaderOgg.cpp -fPIC
> -DPIC -o .libs/libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.o
> input/FileReaderOgg.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
> psynth::FileReaderOgg::open(const char*)':
> input/FileReaderOgg.cpp:35: error: 'ov_fopen' was not declared in this
> scope make[2]: *** [libpsynth_la-FileReaderOgg.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dlphilp/src/psychosynth-0.1.1/libpsynth'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dlphilp/src/psychosynth-0.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> This happens on JAD 1.0, a 32-bit OpenSUSE-based distro.
>
> Suggestions ?
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Hi Dave. I got make throwing in the towel at the exact same place as you, with
the same errors. This is on Debian Etch.

Soundtouch was already installed via apt-get (no doubt due to some other app I
have installed that had it as a dep). Libs for OGRE, and CEGUI were available
from Debian repos, so I installed them. OIS I installed from the tarball, as
it wasn't available from the repos. The first run of ./configure complained
about missing OSC support, so I set CFLAGS, and LIBS for libtool, as
suggested on an earlier post. Then ./configure complained about OGRE, so I
added CFLAGS, and LIBS for OGRE, then ./configure complained about CEGUI.
You can see where this is going can't you. Lastly ./configure complains about
CEGUIOGRE, so I add CFLAGS, and LIBS for that. Run ./configure again, and now
no problems, and it shows OIS as "yes". So now I run "make", expecting it to
run to completion, but it lunches out where yours did.

The only other thing I see when running make, is a few lines that say:

g++: /usr/include/ : linker input file unused because linking not done

Perhaps that has nothing to do with make throwing in the towel though.

Sorry for no help with the make problem, but just a confirm that it shows on
Debian Etch also.

Nigel.